Disclaimer

  • This blog does not necessarily represent the views/opinions of Peace Corps and is only a sharing of my personal experiences.

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Where I've Been and Places I Hope to Travel to

Sometimes it blows my mind to think about the places I have been and what I have done there.  I grew up in the states and I have been to Mexico, Ukraine, Uganda, and now Ethiopia.  Majority of my travels outside of the states have been service oriented.  It is strange, yet kind of cool to think that I have not travelled just to travel, but to serve a community and try to make a difference. 

There are still so many places that I hope to travel to.  During my two year Peace Corps service in Ethiopia, I hope to travel to other African countries since I am so close.  I think at the top of my list include Djibouti, South Africa, Tanzania, and going back to Uganda.  I am not sure if I will be able to go to each of these places during the next two years, but I hope to get to at least two of these places.

I also hope to travel to India and travel all over Europe.  These might be places I considering traveling to right after my service before I come back to the states.  There are so many places that I would love to go to during my lifetime… I have heard so many great things about different places other volunteers have travelled to.  Every time someone talks about a country they have been to, I almost always add it to my list of places to go.  Some trips might be service oriented and others may be just for the desire to go.

I will keep you all updated with places I go and my experiences!

Places I hope to travel to that I have never been to:

·      Djibouti
·      South Africa
·      Tanzania
·      England
·      Spain
·      Germany
·      Austria
·      Ireland
·      Italy
·      Greece
·      Brazil
·      Costa Rica
·      Peru
·      Australia

Over time, I am sure that this list will grow.  As of now, these are countries that I have never been to that I hope to travel to at some point in my life.  I have a friend who at one point told me that she hopes to travel to at least 100 countries in her lifetime and to travel to every continent.  I love that idea.  I don’t know if I will ever be able to travel to that many countries, but it would be amazing to be able to visit every continent at some point in my lifetime.



No comments:

Post a Comment