Disclaimer

  • This blog does not necessarily represent the views/opinions of Peace Corps and is only a sharing of my personal experiences.

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Swearing In

After three months in country filled with intense technical, cultural, and language training, 59 trainees swore in at the U.S. Embassy.  On May 2nd, 2014, we all officially became volunteers.  Despite all of our ups and downs, highs and lows, the past three months have gone by incredibly fast.  I have gotten to know many of the 59 people in my group, and I have had the pleasure of getting to know so many amazing people.

Many have left for their sites already, with a handful of us heading to site sometime this week.  I will miss my group very much.  Luckily we will all see each other in three months for our In Service Training.  I am so excited to hear the experiences we will all have in the next few months and to see all the amazing things each person is able to do at their site.

Over the next two years, I will publish posts and keep you all updated on my experiences (and hopefully be able to share some of what my fellow volunteers are doing).

*If you would like to see pictures from the swear in ceremony, you can find them on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment