Disclaimer

  • This blog does not necessarily represent the views/opinions of Peace Corps and is only a sharing of my personal experiences.

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Settling in at Site

After three hard and wonderful months of training, I swore in as a Peace Corps Volunteer on May 2nd at the U.S. Embassy in Addis.  After two weeks of waiting in Addis I finally arrived at site.  For those who don't know, I am located in a town called Woliso.  It is located in the Oromia Region.  Woliso is about 112 kilometers south of Addis Ababa (about a two to four hour drive).

I have been in Woliso for almost two weeks now and am slowly settling in.  I love it here so far.  People are welcoming and the health office seems excited to have me here.  I have been exploring and getting to know the town.  I am looking forward to finding ways in which to help the community.  I will help in the health office when I am needed there.  I hope to also connect with NGOs in Woliso as well as with schools and potentially help with clubs.

There are many potential opportunities for projects and I am looking forward to getting started with them after our In Service Training in a couple months!

That is all I have for now!  More updates will come soon!

Thank you all for the support!

No comments:

Post a Comment