Disclaimer

  • This blog does not necessarily represent the views/opinions of Peace Corps and is only a sharing of my personal experiences.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Murals

This past Friday and Saturday before Easter Sunday, all of the trainees split into ten groups to paint murals.  There were four murals dedicated to malaria.  Other murals included agriculture, girl power, and HIV/AIDS.  The mural that my group worked on was dedicated to HIV/AIDS awareness in addition to bringing awareness to those who have disabilities.  Our mural turned out extremely well and I am really proud of the work my group did.  I must admit though that I am a bit biased and that all of the murals I saw were amazing.


I had never painted a mural prior to this one, and I have come to realize that murals can be fantastic projects to bring awareness to a certain topic.  It is a great way to address an issue creatively.  If possible, I will try to do at least a mural or two in the next two years of service as secondary projects.  If I am able to do this, I will share my project ideas and would love to get some ideas form all of you to paint a creative mural!


2 comments:

  1. Hello Caitlin,
    I am part of WINGs group and privileged to pray for you. It has been great getting to know your Mom.
    My oldest Grandson served in the Peace Corps in Mali. He was nearing the end of his time when the coup broke out. The US pulled all of their people out. He was greatly disappointed not to be able to complete the project he had started. He returned a few months later as a photo journalist and the fact he knew the language gave him many opportunities . He is now in Washington D.C. working out what is next. He met his girlfriend there and they both desire to return to the African continent. I look forward to checking in with you on your blog. May God bring you great adventures, language skills and protection.
    Wishing you well,
    Jean Hayward

    ReplyDelete