Disclaimer

  • This blog does not necessarily represent the views/opinions of Peace Corps and is only a sharing of my personal experiences.

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Vision

So today I finally got around to making my way to an NGO (Non governmental organization)  in town called Vision.  I first learned about Vision when I visited Ambo.  Vision has a bit bigger office in Ambo and there has been a health volunteer working with the staff there.  The office in my site is a bit smaller, but I think has just as much potential.  Apparently, the Vision office in Ambo relayed to the office here that there would be a health volunteer moving to Woliso.  I originally found out about the Woliso office during my trip to Ambo and got really excited.  I got really excited all over again today when I finally visited the office.

So let me now tell you a bit about what Vision is...

Vision is an awesome NGO that works with people who have various disabilities and provided various rehabilitative services.  Some services include helping to provide rehabilitative tools such as crutches, etc.  The Ambo office has a workshop to build such tools.  This is so great because such things would otherwise be extremely hard for people to get otherwise.  One of the only places people can go to in Ethiopia is Addis Ababa for such tools.  A great thing for me is that because Vision already has worked with another health volunteer, they a really looking forward to working with me and have ideas of how I can help.  So this makes me extremely excited and gives me an opportunity to work in an area in which I have had some interest for a while.

I am so excited about the potential projects and work that I see myself doing in the near future and it is extremely exciting when finding such organizations that I am able to work with!  I am starting to see what the next two years may begin to look like for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment