Disclaimer

  • This blog does not necessarily represent the views/opinions of Peace Corps and is only a sharing of my personal experiences.

Monday, April 13, 2015

Peace Corps Friends

One thing that I had heard about even before starting my Peace Corps experience from returned Peace Corps volunteers is that the volunteers that you serve with often become a second family.  I have gotten to know many of the volunteers within the group that I began service with as well as other volunteers in my area and nearby areas.  There are those volunteers that you connect with and become close to for various reasons, whether it be based on the time you spend and the connections you make during pre service training, how close you live to each other, or for any other numerous amounts of reasons.

These people, especially the ones whom you become closest with, will most likely become lifelong friends.  They will be some of the greatest and best friends I will have for the rest of my life because they are the only ones who truly and completely understand this 27-month experience that is living in Ethiopia.  They understand best what it is like to live as an American volunteer in Ethiopia, to learn the language, dealing with the harassment, and what it is like to hit highs and lows in this country. 

There are many people back in the states that know me pretty well.  Still, I think that in some ways no one but my Peace Corps friends will really know/understand me and what makes me who I am because of how my Peace Corps experience has and will continue to affect me.  They are the only ones that will understand this aspect of who I am.


They have been there right with me through all the highs and lows that I have experienced through the past year and I am right beside them supporting them through their highs and lows.  So despite how short this post is, I want to send a shout out to all my PC friends.  I am so thankful for you all and don’t know what I’d do without you!


* Just a few pictures posted below.  Unfortunately, was not able to find pictures of more people.






No comments:

Post a Comment