Disclaimer

  • This blog does not necessarily represent the views/opinions of Peace Corps and is only a sharing of my personal experiences.

Monday, March 9, 2015

Finding Strength Part #2

Here's a response to my last post because I have heard that some people back in the states might be worried.  I want to begin by saying that the experience of being a Peace Corps volunteer is like a roller coaster.  It has its ups and downs, highs and lows.  Recently, I hit a quick dip in my roller coaster after having a month long high when my parents visited and going to Tanzania.

Sometimes when I find myself in at a low point, it can be a little more difficult to find my strength.  I am realizing though that when I am at my low points, that's really when I am using most of my strength.  I learn from each low and high moment and grow stronger with every experience.

To all those in the states that worry, PLEASE try not to worry too much.  From start to finish of my Peace Corps service, there will be many moments in which I struggle.  But I have found ways in which to cope and have amazing people supporting me (both from the states and in country).

I know that this is a short post, but I wanted everyone to know that overall, I am doing well, learning and growing, and gaining an experience that I would never trade for anything.

Another post to follow soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment